title image

title image

Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter- past and present

Well.. another Easter has come and gone. We've spent the past three Easters pretty much the same way.. we've taken part in our church Easter musical. Jason has been Jesus the past two years and me.. we'll it seems i'm stuck as a crowd person and a singer.


Easter 2010- I got to sit in the crowd and watch because this was when Jesus was my boyfriend (my fake bearded fake haired boyfriend)

Easter 2011- our first production as a married couple- I got bunnied!


Jason played a different role this year.. he played a Roman Soldier- the head Roman soldier to be exact- Marcus. He did GREAT!


The highlight for me.. not the music.. not my part as a crowd person.. not dressing up in a biblical costume (suprised huh) The highlight for me was meeting new friends and just being a part of a musical. It's always been fun for me. I always love the fellowship and getting to know people I woulden't have otherwise. Goood times. I took some pics. I'll show you soon.

Another highlight- watching the babies on Easter Sunday morning. While we were waiting backstage for our next part, several of us girls stood in the window and stared at the prescious babies in the nursery. They were so sweet in their Easter bonnets and croched booties. LOVE. I could have stood there all day! It's amazing how babies can capture the attention of adults for hours. Especially us females. I'm so serious when I say that I was really excited to look on Facebook after the weekend and see all the prescious pics. of my friends and their kids and babies in their Easter attire- SO CUTE!

After church Sunday, Jason and I went to his parents for Easter dinner. His dad is quite the chef and always has something extremely yummy! We had roast done Oso Boku style. It's italian for YUMMO! It was smothered in a tomato mix and it was super moist. We also had steamed veggies, rolls, and red potatoes crusted in parmesan. SO GOOD! And the cheesecake.. oh the cheesecake!! Turtle cheesecake- GET IN MY BELLY! So good. After we filled our bellies to overflowing, Jason and I lazed on the couch just chatting with his parents. It was a lovely afternoon of laze. We didn't have church that night so we were in no hurry. It was great to have that. A nice break after our busyness! Jason and I went home.. took a nap at like 4:30 in the afternoon and snacked and watched movies the rest of the evening. Now that's a happy Easter!

2 comments:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Sounds like your Easter was perfect! Ours was good, too. :) Love you, my friend! Hope your week is wonderful.

Christa said...

Yes! We really did! I'm glad to hear yours was good too. =) Love you too.