title image

title image

Thursday, March 29, 2012

emotions training

My children will only be as disciplined with their emotions as I am with mine.





Ok.. don't get any ideas.. I don't have kids (yet) BUT this post on this inspiring blog , rather this quote, TOTALLY inspired me. Not only as a future mother but as someone in ministry and as a wife. Wow. What an amazing challenge! Lord, I pray that you would develop in me the right kind of attitude. That you would continue to mold and shape me into what you would want me to be. That I would see others and situations through  your eyes. I pray specifically that you would help me to grow in this area in preparation to be a mother. I know that I will never be perfect, but I also know that I am a work in progress and you have a plan for me. I pray in advance for my children. I pray that my attitude, Jason's attitude would be upright and godly. I trust in you. This is my heart's desire.. truely.. deeply.

Here are more words of wisdom from the Women Living Well blog. Be challenged today.

So here is how we are currently working on poor attitudes in our home.
1. When a child rolls their eyes, yells, or scowls - I say “repeat yourself without.. the eyes rolling, loud voice or scowl.”
2. If the words they said were inappropriate – I ask them to “say it again but this time with respect“.
3. When a child slams a door, I ask them to open the door and try again – this time closing it gentler. If it takes us 10 times to get that door closed correctly – then that is what we have to do.
Sometimes tempers flare in our home – let me be honest – disrespect makes me angry. The anger I feel is not wrong – it’s a red flag notifying me that my children are off course…but if I respond with anger - I won’t be much of an example to my children.
My children will only be as disciplined with their emotions as I am with mine.
So I want to humbly share my journey with you. Training takes time – lots of time. But Titus 2 calls me to be a manager of my home. I need to step it up, and get on my knees in prayer – because this battle will not be won in my own strength. I need Jesus’ help in my home

LIVE IN LOVE!

No comments: