title image

title image

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

thankful


This happened last night just down the highway from us in a town we love to visit- Branson. I woke up during the storms last night and was pretty scared, but made it through without turning on the tv, waking up Jason, or cowering in a closet. I normally would have done one or all of the above. I didn't freak out like I normally do. Scared, Yes, freaked out, no. Sometimes being oblivious is the best anti freak out medicine for me. You know what is even better? The peace of God. That's what I had. We were protected last night and I am SO THANKFUL! Missouri has defiantely had some pretty scary storms in my brief year and a half i've lived here. I pray that God continues to protect us. Next on my list, find a way to be warned: We live in the country and there are no sirens.. that's right.. no sirens! I pray that God wakes us up if any real threat was nearby. I may also need some sort of texting warning from our local news people. I'm going to look into that.. Thank you Lord for safety.

No comments: