title image

title image

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012- i'm determined to make it a good one

The new year has come and gone and i'm a happy girl. I'm trying to figure out exactly why i'm not suffering from my normal post Christmas is over blues. Hummm.. maybe because i'm content in the now and excited about what is to come. Normally I need something like a trip or big event to get me looking ahead with excitement, but not this time. I'm not down in the dumps that the holidays are over. I know this year is going to be good.. i feel it in my spirit. I'm excited about the new opportunities that Jason and I have.. Starting Sunday (officially) Jason and I will be taking charge of the kids on Sunday nights- Club Connection. We are sharing the role of children's pastors with another couple about our age. IT's a great way to start out in ministry- just enough responsibility.. not too much. We know that God has good things in store.

I also got an AHHMAZING gift from Jason. (well, many ahhhmazing gifts) but this one in particular. He bought me a really nice camera. I've been wanting to take up photography as more of an active hobby and the goal is to someday make money at it. I went out for the first time the other day with the girl who sold Jason the camera. She is actually the same girl/ same camera who took some of our wedding pics. (i love the sentiment) We went to this georgous park here in Springfield and she modeled for me. I had a BLAST! Not once was I bored or wondered what time it was. I have found my niche! =) I can't wait to get out there and practice some more. I will post my first session on here as soon as I can get my computer to stop acting studpid. I have some pics. i'm pretty proud of. In the meantime, here are a couple mobile moments from the holidays- definately cherished memories. =) Happy New Year


We went ice skating on New Year's Eve- neither one of us fell- impressed?

Jason and his adorable cousin James- this was his 6 year old birthday party on New Years Eve. We love James!

No comments: