title image

title image

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ok.. so I've totally discovered the world of DIY Bloggers. All these amazingly ambitious women who are into decorating, but are on a budget blog about their adventures in homemaking. There are all kinds of amazing projects (sprucing up old furniture, painting an accent wall, recipies, and cute gift ideas) Hey! I love that kind of stuff! These sites totally motivate and inspire me to get off my lazy booty and do some crafty things around my cozy country cottage and be the best little homemaker in Rogersville. Mom works for a school and has the summers off so she was able to come for 5 days and help us do some painting (the whole house!). While some moments were somewhat stressful, the apple and sailboat wallpaper is covered up and our cozy country cottage no longer looks like a busy bachelor lived there! Here are some pics of the process...



All of these pics are from the kitchen. I wish I had more pics to share and totally meant to, but was so focused on the lovely task of painting that the camera was neglected. I would also like to share how thankful I am for a mother and husband who have the time, work ethic, and patience to paint. Wow! What would I do without them?! Probably hire someone! haha!! Sad but true! After pics. coming soon... I will admit that getting the pics on here may take a little longer than I would like due to the fact that Jason and I don't have internet at home. So bear with me. =) I am hoping the freshly painted walls will get me going on more fun DIY projects.. I could totally get into this.. i just need a good push!

No comments: