title image

title image

Monday, April 11, 2011

Everyday living

Ok.. so my weekend: Part relaxing, part productive, and part busy= a great weekend!! =) Jason and I were so excited to have a Saturday where we could sleep in and be productive. The past several Saturdays we've had to make an early trip into town (yes, i'm a country girl now) for Easter musical practice. We got to enjoy a relaxing morning in which we pretty much stuck to our routine (but more laid back)- Coffee and lounge on the couch, morning prayer and devos with the hubby, and then( dun dun dun- {scary music} ) P90X, our amazing/intense workout program. This is an hour long of hard core weight and cardio training that we've been doing each morning for the past 3 months or so. We both wanted to fight the 1st year of marraige weight that we were already putting on and Jason found out that he would be crucified (playing Jesus in our Church's Easter musical) in April. This was the deciding factor: he would not stand for hanging on a cross in a man-diaper in front of his whole church with a muffin top.. so.. we made the P90 committment. Anyway... Saturday's workout was kem po. It's a fun way to get cardio in and feel like you are "bad to the bone" as Jason would call it. He likes to poke fun at me because he says my karate moves are "bad to the bone" and everyone needs to watch out when i'm kickin and punching.. haha!! Anyway.. Kem po is definately more fun than some of the other workouts. We both dread the yoga mornings- yep.. it's 1.5 hours of hardcore yoga! Yikes!! Super hard!! We have yet to get through the whole thing. And no, it's not cause we're wimpy or not strong enough (at least this is what we tell ourselves), it's simply that we don't want to get up at 4:30 am just so we can get this extra long session in!! Anyway.. After Kem Po we sat down to Jason's favorite breakfast (and becoming mine too) of Eggs and Cottage cheese. =) We had yard work to do and wanted to be good and built up. It was a beautiful, yet typically windy day, and we were both itching to get outside. I had just bought some flowers to brighten up the front of our cozy cottage and he had some mowing and cleaning to do. It was fun.. Jason and I, working in the yard. I did the weeding and cleaning of the flower beds. I must say.. I enjoyed it.. just being out in the sunshine. Although, I don't know if my age is starting to kick in (yep, I'll be 30 in July!!) or I pulled a muscle during Kem PO, but I have a nasty sore spot on the back of my upper leg... OUCH!! I feel it with every move. =( Anyway.. we got a lot done outside and around the house. I even made some bananna bread Yum! I felt bad though, bananna bread is one of Jason's favs. and he has cut out all carbs so he can be extra lean for his play. I know it was a huge tease. He did get to lick the bowl.. and we works so hard.. he deserves it!! The man has been eating salads just about every day!! That's dedication! I know it was a huge tease for him. He's stronger than I am! Anyway.. after our work day, we cleaned up and headed back to town for Justin's b-day party with the fam. Justin is our brother-in-law. One of the many things I do appreciate about Jason's family is that they always take time to celebrate birthdays as a family. I've never had that due to the fact that all my family lives in different states. We went to applebee's for dinner and then to Mimi's for cake and presents. It was a beautiful spring evening and we enjoyed sitting on the back porch afterward while our bellies digested. Ahh!! it was nice. =) Sunday was pretty normal for us lately.. we headed to Mimi's after church, raided her fridge for lunch (mimis are good for that) and napped in her guest room. We live too far to go all the way home when we have to be back at church by 3:00. Our Easter practice went well. After practice we headed home after a long day and went for a walk then a movie. I'm really loving life with Jason. We didn't do anything to extreme or out of the ordinary,but I just loved the weekend.. just living life with the love of my life. Ahhh!! Sweet sweet days. A sweet season. Thank you Lord! I am truely blessed!

No comments: